The Top 10 Girls Basketball teams in Bergen County have potential to fluctuate in ranking weekly based on performances and records. The following is the rankings up to date:
- Immaculate Conception (Lodi): 4-0 – ICHS has top wins against reigning county champion Saddle River Day and Queen of Peace. ICHS features Breyenne Bellerand (JMU-bound), Danielle Deoul (George Mason-bound), and Khay’la Latimer (Dominican-bound). They also have several other players with college offers and major college interest, such as Jordan McLemore and Kelina Menard.
- Saddle River Day: 2-2 – They led against ICHS (Lodi) at the half, but lost their lead in the third quarter. They fell to a strong Rumson-Fair Haven team, 86-62, and defeated Old Tappan and Cresskill. SRD features Bergen County’s leading scorer Michelle Sidor who is surrounded by a fundamentally sound supporting cast; such as, Jenna Jordan, Cassie Cruz, and Jackie Wolak.
- Queen of Peace: 1-1 – It is hard to evaluate this team after they have only played two games so far this season. They defeated Holmdel 63-25 and fell to ICHS by 1 point. Against ICHS they were down by 12 at the half and Sydney Watkins went on a scoring spree to keep her team in the game. Sydney Watkins can score from anywhere and is a strong rebounder. They also have 6’4″ LSU-bound Raven Farley-Clark.
- Pascack Valley: 5-0 – This undefeated team has won all of their games by an average of 34.6 points. All of Jeff Jasper’s players understand their role and cut and screen to help each other get open. Brianna Smith, Shannon Culloo, Kelly Petro, Kelly Smith, Brianna Wong, and Toriana Tabasco are among some of the many strong players on the PV team.
- IHA: 4-1 – IHA’s only loss this season is to St. Francis from NY. This very young team is led by senior starting point guard Katie Jones. IHA has seven freshmen on their roster, including Emma Matestic who has been playing tough inside.
- Paramus Catholic: 1-1 – They fell to IHA by one point in the season opener. PC is led by point guard Sarah Serback who knows when to pass and when to shoot. Elisha Cross is strong from the outside.
- Ramapo: 3-0 – They began the season by defeating Ridgewood, Hackensack, and Paramus. They are being led by Emily Calabrese who is St. Bonaventure-bound.
- Westwood: 2-0 – This team is led by Samantha McClutchy (Dominican-bound), who just set the all-time scoring record at Westwood High School. McClutchy has a strong baseline drive and a tough-to-guard drop step.
- Midland Park: 3-0 – They are led by Veronica Pantale and Morgan Ress, both of which have strong inside games, but can also score from the outside. Midland Park will be tested this week when they play against Westwood.
- New Milford: 2-0: New Milford won the championship of the first ever NJIC Tournament last season. New Milford also has 7 seniors on their team, all of which contribute greatly to the game. The team features Bionca Chambers, Natalie Miller, Vianca Soriano, and Ezzy Reyes.
@njsportsreport has now expanded coverage into Bergen County. Follow along with @ExaminerNJ for all the latest scores, updates, and recaps!