Eight Shore Conference baseball games were postponed due to rain earlier today, leaving us with just five final scores. Let’s take a look at how Monday’s schedule played out:
Howell 13 Middletown North 3 (5)
- A seven run first inning powered the Rebels to a decisive 5 inning win, as seniors Troy Miller and Christian Gedell each parked three run home runs on the day.
Lacey 7 Brick 4
- In a pickup from a rain-cancelled game, Lacey scored all seven of their runs in the fourth inning to get their first win of the season. Anthony Elefante got the win on the mound over four innings of work, and the three inning save was recorded by Tom Coraggio.
Point Beach 11 Asbury Park 0 (5)
- Three RBIs each from Joe DelGrippo and Ryan Franzoni combined with two from John Nista were enough to give the Garnet Gulls a convincing win over Asbury Park – as Point Beach started their season 1-0.
Central 4 Jackson Liberty 0
- Six and a third scoreless innings from Senior Ryan Paul locked down a season opening shutout win for Central, as their four runs were provided via a pair of RBIs by Matt Aires and Tom Ruscitti.
Southern Regional 3 Atlantic City 3 (9th Inning)
- In a non-conference game, Southern Regional played Atlantic City to a 3-3 tie through three innings before the game was suspended due to darkness in the 9th inning. The game can be picked up from the start of the tenth inning.
Postponed to Tomorrow
Freehold Township at CBA – 345 PM
Colts Neck at Neptune – 345 PM
Wall at Red Bank Regional – 4 PM
Middletown South at Manalapan – 4 PM
Postponed to Thursday
Freehold Boro at Marlboro – 4 PM
Postponed to Saturday
Shore at Manasquan – 10 AM
Holmdel at Rumson Fair Haven
Postponed to a Later Date
Ocean at Long Branch
Academy Charter at Monmouth
Be sure to follow @NJSportsReport on Twitter for more up to the minute updates provided by our team throughout the baseball season.